Monday, April 30, 2012

Happy Monday Everyone!


Here are some updates from STM/NP land!

Tiffany had the pleasure of being a guest solost at the Joie De Vivre Singers spring concert on April 28th. The audience was wonderful and she thoroughly enjoyed singing a couple of Ukranian folk songs arranged by W.H. Anderson as well as her very popular Magical World.

She's also busy working on a new collection of songs for intermediate vocalists and a musical for young people, Mocha and the Moon, about a jersey cow named Mocha with some astronomically high aspirations!

We thought we'd share with you a poem of Tiffany's that is being set to music for the song collection, the dramatic I Have Lost My Bottle of Faerie Dust. Enjoy!


I Have Lost My Bottle Of Faerie Dust



I have lost my bottle of faerie dust
All seems grey now
The memories are fading of a time when the world was sparkling
Once passions ran wild and free, my heart was alive
I can scarcely feel it beating
Once these feet were caressed by the dewy grass in the glow of morning
Like shards of glass the grass seems now
These eyes fixed on the curves of a leaf that had fallen to the ground.
The scent of jasmine would make me shiver with delight
These lips were enraptured by the sweet taste of a berry’s juice.
Now, tis so bland it is sour.
Laughter that once tickled my ears is tainted with a sinister tone
How cruel it sounds! It mocks me.
The stars don’t sing me to sleep.
The music is gone! The music is gone!
I no longer see my wings in the water’s reflection
I no longer feel their weight
I search in vain for the circles of stones and flowers where I used to play
How have I become separated from my kin, my home, where all was joy, all was love
Where springtime was eternal?
Oh where, where is my bottle of faerie dust?
Before all the memories disappear.
Before all colour and light is extinguished.
I must know that magic again


In NP news, we've put up Part 4 of Tabitha's Magical Voice on our new Notalotabull Press Storytime Blog. When the Grenigots discover that Tabitha's voice can save them from the dreaded nados, they want to hold her captive forever. How is she going to get home?  Download your copy of the ebook at www.tiffanyprochera.com.

Tiffany as also submitted a poem to the CBC Canada Writes Poetry Contest this week so keep your fingers crossed! We would totally post the poem for you all to read but the rules say we can't, so...

Well, that's all for now! Have a great day and keep posted for more!




No comments:

Post a Comment